Recipe by *Sunshine*
Worried about how that creme brulee will set a mile high? All it takes is a couple extra egg yolks!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided, plus
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup raspberries, pureed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree about 1/4 C raspberries and strain.
- Combine egg yolks and 1/4 C sugar in stainless steel bowl over simmering water, taking care not to let bottom of bowl touch water.
- Bring cream and 1/4 C sugar to a gentle boil.
- Temper cream into egg and whisk for about 2 minutes.
- Divide into 4 custard cups, and add raspberry if desired and swirl into custard.
- Place in baking dish and fill with water halfway up custard cups.
- Bake at 325°F for about 30-45 minutes, until set but still jiggly in the middle.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours (can be overnight).
- Sprinkle 1 tsp sugar over each and caramelize with torch.