Recipe by AKgirlinCO
Adapted from Hershey for high altitude
Top Review by Carol S.
This is the second time I have used this recipe and both times it has turned out delicious. I'm in Albuquerque with an altitude of 5000'. I made cupcakes this time and over filled them just a little. Getting ready to frost them.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans or one 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. (Cake may be left in rectangular pan, if desired.).
- Frost with your favorite frosting.