Baking at high altitudes is a science. Found this online and posted it in response to a recipe request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375F and lightly grease/flour two 9" round cake pans.
- 2Sift the cake flour and baking powder into a bowl and set to the side.
- 3Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, up to 10 minutes.
- 4Mix in eggs, one at a time, fully blending each one in before adding the next.
- 5Stir in vanilla.
- 6Stir in the flour and baking powder mixture alternatively with the milk until the batter is smooth.
- 7Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- 8Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 9Cool cakes in the pans set over a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for High Altitude Cake
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.6
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 103.8 mg
- Sodium 176.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 5.3 g