Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
As a recent transplant to Colorado, I am working on converting all my recipes to work at High Altitudes. This is my attempt at Banana Crumb Muffins. Enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten or 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil or 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla & melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon & nutmeg. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.