Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A breakfast or brunch adaption to "Pigs in the blanket".
- 16 ounces pork sausage
- 5 eggs
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 8 Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits or 8 other refrigerated biscuits
- Form sausage into 8 patties.
- In skillet, cook through.
- Remove to paper towel, reserving 1 TBS grease in pan.
- In grease, scramble 4 eggs.
- (I add garlic powder, pepper, and milk, but that's optional).
- Remove cooked eggs to paper towel.
- Using rolling pin, on floured surface, roll each biscuit into a large circle.
- Top each with 1 oz cheddar, some egg, and a sausage patty.
- Wrap and pinch biscuits closed.
- Place, seam side down, on greased baking sheet.
- Mix remaining egg with 1 TBS water, and brush over biscuits.
- Bake according to biscuit directions, but keep your eye on them just in case.
This is an easy dish to make adjustments to. I used bacon in place of the sausage. Other than that followed it close. Kids all gave it a thumbs up!
I made these for an easter brunch and they turned out so well that i had to go back and print off three more page`s for relative`s give it a five,,,,,Thank`s