Recipe by Boyce Anne
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Textures and contrasts abound in this delightful combination of roasted vegetables, vibrant greens and crispy red pepper rings. But be careful with the pepper rings, they are so yummy, it's hard to save some for the salad!
- 12 small red potatoes, larger ones quartered
- 12 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 12 baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 1 cup hidden valley original ranch dressing
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded, deveined, sliced into 1/4 inch rings
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 cups canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400? F.
- Place chicken breasts in freezer – partially freeze and slice into ½ inch medallions. Combine Greek yogurt, rosemary, thyme, sage and salt. Add chicken medallions and allow to marinate while veggies roast.
- For vegetables, whisk Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix into Olive oil and toss with vegetables. Place on sheet pan and roast, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Add 1 Tbsp oil to skillet and bring to high heat. Sear chicken medallions in hot skillet 3-4 minutes per side until juices run clear.
- Toss warm veggies with Hidden Valley Ranch Original Dressing.
- For the salad:.
- Heat canola oil in deep skillet to 360°F Lightly beat the eggs with 1 tsp water. Dip pepper rings into egg mixture, then into flour, then into egg mixture and toss with Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Fry 3-4 minutes until lightly browned and crisp.
- Assemble the salad by placing ¼ of the fresh spinach onto each of 4 plates. Top each bed of spinach with ¼ of the roasted, dressed vegetables, then ¼ of the chicken medallions. Top each with fried red pepper rings and serve.