Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Meatballs stuffed with ranchified gooey cheese.
- 16 ounces marinara sauce
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 shallot
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- The marinara sauce may be purchased, but home made is better.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Put the sauce in a large saucier and turn the heat on low.
- Chop the shallots, you want about 3/4 cup.
- Grate the parmesean cheese.
- Next make the meatballs by putting in a large bowl the chuck, pork, bread crumbs, shallots, egg, parmesean cheese, salt, parsley, pepper, oregano, sweet basil, red pepper and garlic powder in a big bowl.
- Mix well.
- Now make the filling.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature.
- Cook the bacon until crispy, drain on paper towels and crumble.
- Next shred the mozarella,.
- In a medium bowl put the mozarella, softened cream cheese, crumbled bacon, and hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix.
- Whip together with an electric mixer.
- Il want to have about 1/4 cup of meat mixture per meatball, but what ever size you like is just fine.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup meatball mixture, flattento a disc in the palm of your hand.
- Spoon in the middle of the disc about 2 teaspoons of cheese mixture.
- Form the meat disc around the cheese filling and repeat until all ingredients are used up.
- Place the meatballs on a cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until browned, add to sauce and simmer for 15 minutes or so.