Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are easy to make you can do the wonton wraps the day or so ahead and have the sausage mixture made in advance then just 5 minutes before serving you fill the wraps and pop them in the oven. For a lighter exterior I prefer to use Spring Roll wraps. Use your regular pork breakfast sausage. if you wish use Italian sausage or bratwurst
- 1 lb cooked crumbled sausage meat, casings removed (2 cups cooked)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup hidden valley original ranch salad dressing, prepared from mix
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 (60 count) package wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine drained cooked sausage meat with the cheeses, salad dressing, olives and red pepper
- Lightly oil mini muffin tins and press a wrap in each tine so there are 4 wings sticking out
- Brush with oil bake 5 minutes until golden, remove wraps from pan, place on a baking sheet
- Fill wraps with the sausage, cheese mixture
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly& brown.
I love an appetizer that not only tastes great, but makes a nice visual presentation. This was a hit on both counts. Everyone loved them. Another added bonus is that it can be made ahead of time. Thanks Bergy for sharing!! :-)
These were great. My Dad said give it at least 50 stars. I was now told to make these for all get togethers. They were easy to make and tasted great too! Thanks Bergy.
I've been making these for years and they are always a huge hit. One of the things I did a couple of years ago was switch to using mini fillo cups (Athens is the brand name) instead of the wonton wrappers. They're much easier to work with and you don't need to bake them first. Enjoy!!