Recipe by The Spice Guru
My reverse-engineered recipe for this popular packaged dressing mix yields 6 batches. You can actually substitute chicken bouillon granules for vegetable bouillon granules, if you're not serving vegetarians. Xanthan gum, an emulsifier, is sold in health food stores.
Top Review by Big Sis
Just made this! Love it! I have tried many copycat's and have never found one I liked. This I Love! I made the creamier version and blogged about this recipe. I hope that is ok with you. I loved it that much! Here is the location of my blog: <br/><br/>http://mystateofserenity.blogspot.com/2013/11/ranch-dressing-anyone.html<br/><br/>Thank you again for an Outstanding Recipe Chef Spice Guru!!!!
SPICE MILL INGREDIENTS
- 6 tablespoons cultured dry buttermilk (SACO brand)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons onion powder
- 4 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Accent seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Butter Buds
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons citric acid
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- WHISK all of the SPICE MILL INGREDIENTS into a medium bowl.
- FUNNEL half of mixture into a clean spice mill or coffee grinder; MILL for 5 seconds.
- TRANSFER mixture to a resealable container; REPEAT milling procedure with remaining mixture.
- ADD the SHAKE-IN HERBS to milled mixture in container; SEAL the container; SHAKE until thoroughly blended.
- STORE tightly sealed in a cool, dry place.
- FOR A SALAD DRESSING: In a bowl, combine 1 cup whole milk with 1 cup mayonnaise and 3 tablespoons of this seasoning. Mix well. Cover. Let stand in refrigerator 30 minutes to thicken. Stir before serving.
- FOR A CREAMIER SALAD DRESSING: In a bowl, combine 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 milk, 1/2 cup sour cream, and 3 tablespoons of this seasoning. Mix well. Cover. Let stand in refrigerator 30 minutes. Stir before serving.
- FOR A CHIP DIP: In a bowl, combine 16 ounces sour cream with 3 tablespoons of this seasoning. Cover. Let stand in refrigerator 30 minutes. Stir before serving.
- FOR A VEGETABLE DIP: In a bowl, combine 1 cup sour cream and 1 cup mayonnaise with 3 tablespoons of this dressing. Cover. Let stand in refrigerator 30 minutes. Stir before serving.
- SERVE and enjoy!