1/1 Photo of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning (Copycat)
The Spice Guru's Note:
My reverse-engineered recipe for this popular packaged dressing mix yields 6 batches. You can actually substitute chicken bouillon granules for vegetable bouillon granules, if you're not serving vegetarians. Xanthan gum, an emulsifier, is sold in health food stores.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
SPICE MILL INGREDIENTS
- 6 tablespoons cultured dry buttermilk (SACO brand)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable bouillon granules
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons onion powder
- 4 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Accent seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Butter Buds
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons citric acid
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1WHISK all of the SPICE MILL INGREDIENTS into a medium bowl.
- 2FUNNEL half of mixture into a clean spice mill or coffee grinder; MILL for 5 seconds.
- 3TRANSFER mixture to a resealable container; REPEAT milling procedure with remaining mixture.
- 4ADD the SHAKE-IN HERBS to milled mixture in container; SEAL the container; SHAKE until thoroughly blended.
- 5STORE tightly sealed in a cool, dry place.
- 6FOR A SALAD DRESSING: In a bowl, combine 1 cup whole milk with 1 cup mayonnaise and 3 tablespoons of this seasoning. Mix well. Cover. Let stand in refrigerator 30 minutes to thicken. Stir before serving.
- 7FOR A CREAMIER SALAD DRESSING: In a bowl, combine 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 milk, 1/2 cup sour cream, and 3 tablespoons of this seasoning. Mix well. Cover. Let stand in refrigerator 30 minutes. Stir before serving.
- 8FOR A CHIP DIP: In a bowl, combine 16 ounces sour cream with 3 tablespoons of this seasoning. Cover. Let stand in refrigerator 30 minutes. Stir before serving.
- 9FOR A VEGETABLE DIP: In a bowl, combine 1 cup sour cream and 1 cup mayonnaise with 3 tablespoons of this dressing. Cover. Let stand in refrigerator 30 minutes. Stir before serving.
- 10SERVE and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning (Copycat)
Serving Size: 1 (5 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 96
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 38.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon granules