1/1 Photo of Hidden Valley Ranch: Potato Chowder in a Pocket #RSC
1 hr 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This recipe reminds me of eating chowder bowls on rainy days with my mom. What I love about this recipe is that it's portable!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large red potatoes (cleaned and quartered)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup water (just enough to mash potatoes) or 1/2 cup milk (just enough to mash potatoes)
- 3 ounces brie cheese or 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup medium frozen shrimp, chopped (use the fully cooked variety )
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed according to directions
- flour, for rolling out pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing, for dipping
- 1In a large pot put potatoes and enough water to cover them on the stove over medium to high heat. Cook until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- 2To potatoes add yogurt, Hidden Valley Ranch mix, and milk or water. Beat until mashed.
- 3Add corn, cheese, and shrimp. Blend together.
- 4Cut dough into fourths. Roll out each fourth using a little bit of flour, so it doesn’t stick.
- 5Put about ½ cup to ¾ of filling into each fourth. I like to add a slice of Brie for good measure! Fold the dough over and crimp the edges.
- 6Place “pockets” on a baking sheet lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
- 7Brush olive oil onto each pocket.
- 8Bake at 350° for 30-35minutes.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hidden Valley Ranch: Potato Chowder in a Pocket #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.3
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 219.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
frozen bread dough