Recipe by Adam Wein
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. I created this stew as an economical way to feed a small crowd. cooking times vary due to stove differences and type of kettle used
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 1 lb corn
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 4 diced shallots
- 4 diced tomatoes
- 1 lb noodles
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- fill a large sauce pan halfway full of water and bring to a boil.
- In a skillet brown the pork until fully cooked.
- drain grease into pan of boiling water.
- cut clean red potatoes in quarters and place in a large kettle.
- dice the shallots and place in kettle.
- add baby carrots,corn and tomatoes.
- add Hidden Valley seasoning mix and other seasonings.
- cover and place on medium heat.
- put noodles in the pan of boiling water and boil stir occasionally till near done and drain.
- put ground pork and noodles in the kettle and simmer until potatoes begin to break down.
- add water as needed.
- simmer covered loosely for 30 minutes or desired consistancy.