Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
I am always looking for new ways to cook chicken. I have a familey of 6 and lets face it, chicken is cheap. This is a new twist on fried chicken that I think is quite tasty.
Top Review by TwinGodesses
I marinated the chicken in a packet of hidden valley dry ranch seasoning for 6 hours, then dipped it in ranch dressing, coated it in plain flour then fried it. Moist, juicy, flavorful, and delicious!
- 1 (2 -3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut-up
- 1 cup of hidden valley ranch salad dressing
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken pieces in shallow baking dish. Pour salad dressing over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for aleast 8 hours. Remove chicken and shake off excess marinade; discard the left over marinade.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On plate, mix flour, salt, and pepper. Roll the chicken in seasoned flour.
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in large skillet until small cubed of bread dropped in grease browns in 60 seconds. Fry chicken for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to baking pan; bake until chicken is tender and juices run clear,about 30 minutes. Serve with corn muffins.