Prep 8 hrs
Cook 40 mins
I am always looking for new ways to cook chicken. I have a familey of 6 and lets face it, chicken is cheap. This is a new twist on fried chicken that I think is quite tasty.
- 1 (2 -3 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut-up
- 1 cup of hidden valley ranch salad dressing
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Place chicken pieces in shallow baking dish. Pour salad dressing over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for aleast 8 hours. Remove chicken and shake off excess marinade; discard the left over marinade.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On plate, mix flour, salt, and pepper. Roll the chicken in seasoned flour.
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in large skillet until small cubed of bread dropped in grease browns in 60 seconds. Fry chicken for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to baking pan; bake until chicken is tender and juices run clear,about 30 minutes. Serve with corn muffins.
I marinated the chicken in a packet of hidden valley dry ranch seasoning for 6 hours, then dipped it in ranch dressing, coated it in plain flour then fried it. Moist, juicy, flavorful, and delicious!
Not that much flavor as I thought it would have.
Since I did not have time to marinate these as directed, I simply coated them in ranch dressing and followed the rest of the directions. I also poured the dressing I used to coat the chicken over the top of the fried chicken pieces before baking them. They turned out to be really good, and that's coming from someone who doesn't like ranch dressing. I would have given this four stars, but I don't think that's fair since I didn't marinate them as directed. Had I done this, who knows? Maybe it would have been a five.