Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a little different than the others posted here. Not sure which one is the best. Decided to post here for safe keeping.
- 15 saltines
- 2 cups dry parsley flakes, minced
- 1⁄2 cup instant minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dry dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup onion salt
- 1⁄4 cup garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- Dump all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until completely powdered.
- To Use: combine 1 tablespoons dry mix, 1 cup of may & 1 cup of buttermilk.
Yay! This recipe is hard to mess up...even if you change it up a bit. I didn't measure ingredients and actually left out the minced onions, onion salt and garlic salt (although I added salt, some seasoned bread crumbs, and additional onion powder and garlic powder). Still delicious. I mixed it with sour cream and a tad bit of mayo and it made a very yummy dip that tasted just like Hidden Valley Ranch Dip. Thanks, Concoctionista (by the way, love that name!)
I made this mix tonight and found that I did not have 2 cups of parsley so I use some garden seasoning that I had on hand. I also used 1/2 salt and twice the amount of onion and garlic powder. This does make a very LARGE batch and I will not have to make again for years. Will rate after I use.