Recipe by Gagoo
A co-worker brought this to a party and its been a party staple ever since. We like pretzels with this dip but you can use tortilla chips, potato chips or even vegetables.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
OMG! Talk about addicting! I used the only brand of beer I am able to drink straight, Red Stripe from Jamaica. I expected the flavor of the beer to actually be lost with the ranch, but it wasn't. It was a perfect combination, actually. The pretzels are by far my favorite dipping tool, and normally I avoid pretzels like the plague! This was a huge hit with all 12 of my quinea pig taste-testers today. Thanks so much for sharing, doogster. It's going to be a staple at our parties now too! :) Made & enjoyed for the Spring 2009 Pick A Chef orphanage.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (3 tablespoon) package Hidden Valley Ranch dip
- 6 ounces beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients well, I use a hand mixer as it lends a more fluffy dip.
- For a different & spicy flavor use the Fiesta Dip mix.
- Chill in refrigerator at least a few hours if not overnight so the flavors can blend well (cooking time is actually refrigerator time).