Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Hearty egg quiche that is equally good for supper, brunch or breakfast.
- 1 8 inch pie shell, baked and cooled
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 package buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheese into the pie shell.
- Beat eggs until frothy.
- Add cream and dressing mix, mixing well.
- Pour into pie shell covering the cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes at 400.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake 15-20 minutes until center in set.
- Cool 10 minutes before cutting.
Laurie, this quiche is so tasty. The ranch dressing gave it a wonderful flavor...so different. It was easy to prepare and it came out of the oven looking absolutely beautiful. Such a savory taste! I only made one substitution. I used Fat Free Half & Half, and the dish was not comprimised, in my opinion. I will definately make this one again. Thanks for sharing.
I've been using this recipe for years. I vary the filling by using a one pound bag of frozen mixed vegetables -- like the oriental mix or the winter mix -- rinsed, with two cups of the shredded cheese of the day, with or without some kind of meat, maybe some green chili or chopped olive ... you get the idea. Baked in a deep dish quiche pan. It always gets rave reviews because of the Hidden Valley Ranch Mix.
Very yummy and easy! Light ranch taste and I made the recipe as above with no changs or substitutions. I will amke this again. Thanks!