Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Traditional recipe with a Hidden Valley twist.
- 2 quarts chicken broth (preferably home-made)
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dips Mix, Harvest Dill
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat macaroni
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed, chopped
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans
- parmesan cheese
- In a 3-quart pot, heat chicken broth over high heat.
- Peel and chop carrot; chop celery; add both to broth.
- While waiting for broth to come to a boil, place ground pork in a medium bowl, add Hidden Valley Original Ranch Harvest Dill Dips Mix packet and bread crumbs. Mix with hands until blended.
- When broth comes to a boil, add macaroni and keep at a simmer.
- Add chopped fennel seeds and stir to ensure macaroni is not sticking to pot.
- Use hands to roll pork mixture into 1”-meatballs and drop one at a time into boiling broth. Keep broth at a low boil. The pork mixture should make 16-18 meatballs. Allow soup to simmer for 10-12 minutes to cook meatballs through.
- Add 6 oz. fresh spinach leaves.
- Open 1 can of cannelloni beans and drain, but do not rinse. Add beans to soup and stir.
- Cover soup pot with lid and turn off heat. Let soup rest for as long as 20 minutes. (The soup is even better the following day.) Re-heat if necessary. Ladle soup into four bowls and sprinkle with parmesan to taste.