Recipe by Ceezie
A great recipe from Nestle Signature Treasure candy. You could use chocolate caramel kisses as well.
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 creamy caramel candies (treasures)
- powdered sugar (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Spray 2 (6-ounce) ramekins or custard cups with nonstick cooking spray; coat lightly with granulated sugar.
- Microwave morsels, butter and cocoa in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave at additional 10-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Beat egg white in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 2 tablespoons granulated sugar until stiff peaks form. Stir 1/4 of egg white mixture into chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining egg white mixture gently but thoroughly. Spoon into prepared ramekins, filling about 3/4 full. Drop one Treasure into center of each soufflé; press in slightly. Place soufflés on baking sheet.
- Bake on center oven rack for 16 to 20 minutes or until puffed and center still moves slightly. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.