Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
Yummy! Truffles with little balls of carmel in the center! What could be better than that? Be sure to allow the 3+ hours needed to chill them during the different stages.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I knew going in that the prep time would be much more than just 5 minutes ~ Took me much longer than that to roll, dip & coat that many, but it was definitely worth it ~ These are WONDERFUL! I ended up dividing them into thirds, keeping 1/3 out for immediate consumption, & the other portions tucked away for a couple of special occasions! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2 (350 g) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (225 g) packagemilk chocolate-covered caramel candies (I use Rollos or regular caramels cut in half)
- 1 (225 g) package milk chocolate, white chocolate or 1 (225 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt semi-sweet chips and sweetened condensed milk over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Chill 2 hours. Shape into small balls around Chocolate covered Caramels, about 1 inch diameter.
- Chill balls about 1 hour or until firm. Melt chips and shortening together, stirring until smooth. Dip truffle balls, one at a time into melted chocolate to cover completely.
- Gently shake off excess coating. Place on waxed paper-covered tray. If desired sprinkle some truffles with chopped nuts immediately after dipping.
- Let stand or refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes. If desired, drizzle some truffles with melted chocolate from a spoon or icing bag to decorate. Store loosely covered in a cool dry place up to 2 months.