Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is basically jello, but it is the most incredible jello you will ever taste! We will never be able to go back to regular jello!!
- In a saucepan, bring pear liquid to a boil.
- Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool at room temperature until syrupy.
- Meanwhile, puree pears in a blender.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until fluffy and smooth. Add pureed pears and mix well.
- Prepare whipped topping according to package directions.
- Fold whipped topping into pear mixture.
- Fold in cooled gelatin.
- Pour into an 4 1/2 cup mold (I usually just pour into a 9x13 size pan).
- Chill overnight (preferable) or several hours at least.
This was fantastic! The only person who didn't like it was my nephew, and he hates sweets. The only thing I changed was reserving some of the whipped topping and I served it on top.
This was really good and better than grandma used to make. Simple and easy to do and looks so beautiful. Grandma used to make green jello with chunks of cream cheese and pears in it. This is far more sophisticated but easy. Made for New Kids on the Block tag game.
I used this for a special catering job this past week-end and it was the hit of the day! Served it on top of a fanned-out 1/2 of a red pear with a spinach leaf at the top of the pear... added a dollop of whipped cream and a few sliced almonds placed on the cream... it was a beautiful presentation and the taste was out of this world... thank you, thank you , thank you... I am using it Friday night for another catering job at one of our spas... you have a hit recipe on your hand, n_marae... made it the day before I needed it. Doubled the recipe and put it into two 7 x 11 pans... perfect size!