Recipe by Manami
This is Paula's Recipe from the Food Network. These are lovely and quick, they start with refrigerated dough! They are ready in less than a half-hour. Great for last minute company or for guests who drop by for coffee. Make a couple dozen at a time.
Top Review by BerrySweet
I used Keebler Chocolate Covered Mint Cookies. Loved the combination of textures- the smooth soft sugar cookie dough with the slightly crispy mint cookie center. Very pretty, minty cookies. I saw Paula making these on t.v. and have wanted to try them since! Thanks for posting!
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough, slice 1/4-inch thick
- 14 ounces mint chocolate wafers or 14 ounces andes creme de menthe thin candies
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon walnuts or 1 tablespoon pecans, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven according to package directions.
- Slightly butter cookie sheet.
- Place slices of cookies on sheet 2-3" apart.
- Top each slice with chocolate wafer or mint.
- Cover wafer or mint with another slice of cookie dough.
- Brush dough with beaten egg.
- Press nuts on top of dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Voila, you have cookies ready to eat!