Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I have said it before and I'll say it again. I love Paula Deen. When this new show started coming on, I VOWED not to ever miss it. This week, she made these little kisses filled with a Hershey's kiss. I found a bag of the new filled kisses and mine are dulce de leche, as I love caramel. I cannot WAIT to try these out on all the kiss varieties and plan to put them on my Christmas cookie list.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 (9 ounce) package milk chocolate kisses (recommended -- Hershey's Kisses)
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla and almond extracts. Stir in the flour and blend well. Add the pecans and blend well. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unwrap the candy kisses. Press a scant tablespoon of dough around each kiss, covering it completely; shape into balls.
- Place the cookies on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes. Cool slightly, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Roll the cookies in confectioners' sugar.