Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a yummy kid friendly recipe with veggies that are hidden! Very much a comfort food recipe. I like to serve with homemade mashed potatoes and green beans.
- Spray pan with Pam.
- Sauté celery, onion, peppers, garlic & carrots until soft & yummy smelling.
- Add a little bit of hot salt (Morton’s), pepper, and soul seasoning to it (to taste).
- Scoop out veggies and put it in a bowl while browning (again, in Pam) the pork chops, about 4 min on each side.
- Sprinkle those w/ pepper and soul seasoning (not a lot).
- When they are finished, spoon the veggies over top and add water up to the tops of the pork chops, but not covering.
- Pour the kitchen bouquet over all that and put the lid on.
- Simmer for about ½ hour or until done.
- Take out the chops, placing them on a warm plate.
- Pour the veggies and remaining liquid into a blender and whirl until mixed thoroughly.
- When the gravy is mixed, pour back into the pan to warm and add chops.
- The kids will not even know the veggies are there.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, couscous and green beans for a wonderful comfort meal.
Thanks for sharing! This was easy and very tasty. I will make this again.