1 hr 20 mins
This is a yummy kid friendly recipe with veggies that are hidden! Very much a comfort food recipe. I like to serve with homemade mashed potatoes and green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray pan with Pam.
- 2Sauté celery, onion, peppers, garlic & carrots until soft & yummy smelling.
- 3Add a little bit of hot salt (Morton’s), pepper, and soul seasoning to it (to taste).
- 4Scoop out veggies and put it in a bowl while browning (again, in Pam) the pork chops, about 4 min on each side.
- 5Sprinkle those w/ pepper and soul seasoning (not a lot).
- 6When they are finished, spoon the veggies over top and add water up to the tops of the pork chops, but not covering.
- 7Pour the kitchen bouquet over all that and put the lid on.
- 8Simmer for about ½ hour or until done.
- 9Take out the chops, placing them on a warm plate.
- 10Pour the veggies and remaining liquid into a blender and whirl until mixed thoroughly.
- 11When the gravy is mixed, pour back into the pan to warm and add chops.
- 12The kids will not even know the veggies are there.
- 13Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, couscous and green beans for a wonderful comfort meal.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hidden Goodness Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.2
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 247.9 mg
- Sodium 204.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 81.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: