Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
I wanted to thin out some of my cookbook collection so I decided to place some of my favorite recipes here. This is from the Amish Friends cookbook. A nice change of pace for breakfast. This recipe contains bread, eggs and cheese.
Top Review by Tyson S.
That was very good. Its completely gone now. It was enough to feed 3 adults. I added in some chopped up onion (1/2 of an onion) to the egg and some garlic before i poured it over the dripped buttered bread. I also half cooked 3 hashbrown patties (just to brown and unfreeze them) I cut them up and shredded them over the egg mixture. I also had some round sausage patties that i cut up and spreaded over the whole. One more barely layer of that cut up bread remains, drizzled the butter and added the cheese. It was gone in less than 10 minutes!!!
- 6 -8 slices bread, tore into bite size pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 6 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9-inch square pan, break up enough bread to cover bottom of pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Break eggs over bread and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Break up more bread and spread on top of eggs. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until eggs are done.