Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are called hidden cookies becasue of the surprise filling inside. The kids seem to like these because of the filling.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softned
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch baking powder
- Pre heat oven to 400.
- grease cooking sheets.
- Stir baking soda salt and baking powder into flour and set aside.
- Cream butter and the sugars untill fluffy.
- add vanilla and egg and beat throughly.
- Gradually add flour mixture stirring until just combined.
- Divide dough into two equal portions.
- Place 1 portion of dough on large sheet of waxed paper and place second sheet of waxed paper ontop that.
- Put rest of dough in the fridge.
- With a rolling pin roll the dough between the paper to thickness if 1/8 inch.
- Place on cutting board and put in the freezer for 5 minute.
- to make it easy to cut and handle.
- When dough is firm, take it out of the freezer, gently lift top wax paper and replace it.
- Turn dough over and remove other waxpaper now on top.
- Using 2 inch round cookie cutter cut as many cookies as you have dough.
- Transfer these to cookie sheet, either greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Place 6 or 7 of the M&M's on each cookie round.
- Now take the second portion of dough out of fridge and roll as you did with the first.
- Again cut with cookie cutter.
- Place a round on top each M&M top cookie and using edge of fork seal edges of each cookie.
- Bake ten minute.
- Watch close because oven is hot.
- allow to rest 1 min after taking out of oven.
- Cool on wire racks.
These didn't turn out at all. The dough was way too soft - maybe the flour amount is wrong. I tried adding more and more flour but in the end I just gave up and made a sugar cookie and did the filling part.