Recipe by angelfan
These are called hidden cookies becasue of the surprise filling inside. The kids seem to like these because of the filling.
Top Review by Kristin Seyfert
These didn't turn out at all. The dough was way too soft - maybe the flour amount is wrong. I tried adding more and more flour but in the end I just gave up and made a sugar cookie and did the filling part.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softned
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 400.
- grease cooking sheets.
- Stir baking soda salt and baking powder into flour and set aside.
- Cream butter and the sugars untill fluffy.
- add vanilla and egg and beat throughly.
- Gradually add flour mixture stirring until just combined.
- Divide dough into two equal portions.
- Place 1 portion of dough on large sheet of waxed paper and place second sheet of waxed paper ontop that.
- Put rest of dough in the fridge.
- With a rolling pin roll the dough between the paper to thickness if 1/8 inch.
- Place on cutting board and put in the freezer for 5 minute.
- to make it easy to cut and handle.
- When dough is firm, take it out of the freezer, gently lift top wax paper and replace it.
- Turn dough over and remove other waxpaper now on top.
- Using 2 inch round cookie cutter cut as many cookies as you have dough.
- Transfer these to cookie sheet, either greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Place 6 or 7 of the M&M's on each cookie round.
- Now take the second portion of dough out of fridge and roll as you did with the first.
- Again cut with cookie cutter.
- Place a round on top each M&M top cookie and using edge of fork seal edges of each cookie.
- Bake ten minute.
- Watch close because oven is hot.
- allow to rest 1 min after taking out of oven.
- Cool on wire racks.