Straight off Food Network Food Bytes. I saw this mini-mercial and decided I was going to make this ham for Christmas instead of paying for a honey baked. This looks so simple and delicious.
- 10 lbs cook's brand ham (Hickory Smoked Bone-In Spiral Sliced Honey Half butt or shank)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 22 -25 pecan halves, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Remove ham from package. Place Spiral Sliced Ham face down in roasting pan. Cover pan with aluminum foil; bake ham 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare sugar rub. Combine brown sugar with dry mustard, lime rind, ginger, allspice, cloves and finely chopped pecans in bowl. Mix thouroughly with fork. Stir in lime juice to moisten sugar mixture evenly. Set rub aside.
- Remove ham from oven and uncover pan. Pat and rub sugar mixture over warm ham, covering top end first, then smearing mixture down the sides as evenly as possible.
- Return ham to oven. Bake uncovered 30 to 45 minutes, basting meat with pan juices every 15 minutes. Ham is done when center reaches 150 degrees F. On meat thermometer.
- Remove ham from roasting pan; place on wire rack and let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Carve ham off bone and serve.