1/1 Photo of Hickory Smoked Ham
2 hrs 15 mins
Vseward (Chef~V)'s Note:
Straight off Food Network Food Bytes. I saw this mini-mercial and decided I was going to make this ham for Christmas instead of paying for a honey baked. This looks so simple and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 lbs cook's brand ham (Hickory Smoked Bone-In Spiral Sliced Honey Half butt or shank)
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 22 -25 pecan halves, finely chopped
- 1Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Remove ham from package. Place Spiral Sliced Ham face down in roasting pan. Cover pan with aluminum foil; bake ham 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, prepare sugar rub. Combine brown sugar with dry mustard, lime rind, ginger, allspice, cloves and finely chopped pecans in bowl. Mix thouroughly with fork. Stir in lime juice to moisten sugar mixture evenly. Set rub aside.
- 3Remove ham from oven and uncover pan. Pat and rub sugar mixture over warm ham, covering top end first, then smearing mixture down the sides as evenly as possible.
- 4Return ham to oven. Bake uncovered 30 to 45 minutes, basting meat with pan juices every 15 minutes. Ham is done when center reaches 150 degrees F. On meat thermometer.
- 5Remove ham from roasting pan; place on wire rack and let rest 10-15 minutes.
- 6Carve ham off bone and serve.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hickory Smoked Ham
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 799.4
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 236.2 mg
- Sodium 6895.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 102.1 g