Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great smoked fish
- 6 salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- hickory chips
- Place fish in a large bowl.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, sugar, dill weed, and salt. Stir until sugar dissolves and pour over fish. Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning once.
- Build a slow fire in a covered bbq.
- Remove fish from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Place fish in a single layer in a lightly oiled baking dish or foil pan.
- Place baking dish on heavy duty foil on grill.
- Sprinkle dampened chips over coals.
- Close hood and bbq, turning fish once and basting with marinade several times, 30 to 40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.