1/1 Photo of Hickory Smoke Salt
2 hrs 1 min
After running to three grocery stores looking for Hickory Smoke Salt and unable to find it, I decided to try and make my own. It worked out great! Considering the price of smoke salt, I'll never buy it again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix salt and liquid smoke together in a small bowl.
- 2Add more salt or liquid smoke to make a mixture resembling very moist brown sugar.
- 3Spread salt out on a cookie sheet.
- 4Allow to dry at room temperature or dry in your oven on the lowest temperature.
- 5Stir and rub salt between your fingers periodically.
- 6Room temp salt is ready the next day, oven dried should be ready in a couple of hours.
- 7Store in a jar with a tight lid.
Browse Our Top Southwestern U.S. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Southwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hickory Smoke Salt
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 111623.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: