Recipe by mollypaul
A sweet little mouthful just perfect with your afternoon tea. From the Mississippi Valley chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1⁄2 cup hickory nuts
- 2 cups flour, sifted (you might want to use slightly less, using just enough to make the dough workable)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Cream sugar and butter together; add eggs and molasses and beat well.
- Add raisins and nuts.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to the batter.
- Roll thinly on a lightly floured board and cut with a cookie cutter.
- Bake on prepared cookie sheet for 10 to 12 minutes.