Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
OK... I don't like eggs, but everyone loves this recipe :)
- 6 eggs
- 1 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 14.79 ml salt
- 29.58 ml sweet pickle relish
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml prepared yellow mustard
- 29.58 ml chopped chives
- Put eggs and potatoes into medium pot and add enough cold water to cover them by 1 inch. Add salt and simmer over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and gently simmer for 9 more minutes.
- Remove potatoes with slotted spoon and place in medium bowl. Put eggs under cold running water to let cool 3 minutes.
- Add mayonnaise, relish and mustard to potatoes, thoroughly mashing together with a fork. Set aside.
- Peel and cut eggs in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out yolks add them to the potato mixture and mash together with a fork. Spoon filling onto hard-cooked whites, mounding filling slightly and covering whole cut side of egg. Garnish with chopped chives.
Everybody loved these. I think the 1 Tablespoon of salt must be a mistake; I certainly didn't use that much. Otherwise the recipe went together as written. I would never have thought to put in a potato but it made for a great texture.
These were really different and good. I didn't completely mash the potatoes, but left very tiny chunks. My children said it was almost like eggs stuffed with potato salad! The eggs were gobbled up in no time flat. This was a nice change from plain deviled eggs. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I really like these, they're a little different than the way I usually make deviled eggs and it's nice to have a change. They sure didn't last very long! I had to sub chopped green onion for the chives. Very tasty, thanks jovigirl.