Recipe by jovigirl
OK... I don't like eggs, but everyone loves this recipe :)
Top Review by sugarpea
Everybody loved these. I think the 1 Tablespoon of salt must be a mistake; I certainly didn't use that much. Otherwise the recipe went together as written. I would never have thought to put in a potato but it made for a great texture.
- 6 eggs
- 1 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Put eggs and potatoes into medium pot and add enough cold water to cover them by 1 inch. Add salt and simmer over medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and gently simmer for 9 more minutes.
- Remove potatoes with slotted spoon and place in medium bowl. Put eggs under cold running water to let cool 3 minutes.
- Add mayonnaise, relish and mustard to potatoes, thoroughly mashing together with a fork. Set aside.
- Peel and cut eggs in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out yolks add them to the potato mixture and mash together with a fork. Spoon filling onto hard-cooked whites, mounding filling slightly and covering whole cut side of egg. Garnish with chopped chives.