24 hrs 45 mins
carrie sheridan's Note:
The second-course main dish served on January 20, 2013 at the luncheon following the second Obama Inauguration
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Marinate bison steaks overnight in the refrigerator in a dish with the oil, garlic, rosemary and black pepper.
- 245-60 minutes before serving:.
- 3Remove the steaks from the refrigerator and remove the large pieces of rosemary. Season with salt and pepper on all sides of bison. Allow the steaks to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes to allow the salt to dilute and penetrate the meat.
- 4For grilling of the steaks, you will need to soak the wood chips in warm after forc30 minutes prior to grilling. The wood chips should be added to your charcoal briquettes 5 minutes prior to grilling ~ to allow them to burn and produce the necessary smoke you will need for the flavor in the steaks.
- 5Grill steaks on EACH side for approximately 5-8 minutes for a medium-rare steak, depending on the thickness of the pieces.
- 6Remove from grill and allow to "rest" for 5 minutes prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hickory-Grilled Bison Tenderloins Served at 2013 Obama Inaugural
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.6
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1744.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bison tenderloin fillets