Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a Red Lobster copycat recipe.
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 cup shallot (in 1/8-inch dice)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup apple juice concentrate (canned)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Sauté shallots in vegetable oil until medium brown. Add apple juice concentrate, balsamic vinegar, liquid smoke, and onion powder. Stir to combine ingredients. Simmer 7 minutes.
- Combine water and cornstarch, mix well and whisk into simmering liquid. Simmer 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Place in appropriate container and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Oil bottom of roasting pan. Place salmon fillets on pan. Liberally brush each piece of salmon with the Hickory Glaze.
- Roast salmon for 15 to 20 minutes, depending upon thickness (approximately 10 minutes per inch of thickness).
Very good salmon which we enjoyed with Mixed Greens with Apples and Walnut Vinaigrette and baked potatoes. This recipe makes lots of glaze, so I think next time I'll cut the glaze ingredients in half. Thanks for sharing!