Timothy J Higgins Eva's Note:
Remember… Cooking times will vary so always use a thermometer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the following in a small bowl.
- 21/2 lbs. Fresh Dungeness Crab.
- 32 Slices chopped Bacon.
- 42 sliced green onion.
- 51/2 chopped garlic clove.
- 61-2 Tbsp Zesty Italian dressing.
- 7Take 2 thick boneless chicken breasts, wash and cut off any fat. Using a sharp knife, cut a 1" to 2 " cut in the side of the chicken breasts. In a sawing motion, carefully open up a inner pocket the length of the breasts.
- 8Carefully stuff the chicken breasts with the crab mix. Try to avoid tearing the chicken. Once stuffed, place in a Ziploc bag and pour a cup of Zesty Italian dressing over the chicken. Shake and refrigerate for at least 1hour preferably over night.
- 9Remove from refrigerator and Ziploc bag. Tightly wrap chicken breast with thin sliced bacon and let stand until near room temperature. Preheat smoker/cooker to 225. I recommend a 50%/50% mix of Hickory and Apple wood pellets or chunks.
- 10Place chicken breasts on grill. Put on smoke for the first 30 minutes then 280 to 300 degrees. Mist the chicken with apple juice a couple times during cooking duration. Chicken will be done when the thickest part is at 165 degrees.
- 11Serve with smoked beans and corn bread with butter and honey.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hickory& Apple Smoked Crab Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.4
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 165.1 mg
- Sodium 494.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 51.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: