Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Remember… Cooking times will vary so always use a thermometer.
Make and share this Hickory& Apple Smoked Crab Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh dungeness crab
- 1 package Anjou pear, thin sliced bacon of your choice
- 2 thick boneless chicken breasts
- 2 slices chopped bacon
- 2 sliced green onions
- 1⁄2 chopped garlic clove
- 1 bottle zesty Italian dressing
- real butter
- Mix the following in a small bowl.
- 1/2 lbs. Fresh Dungeness Crab.
- 2 Slices chopped Bacon.
- 2 sliced green onion.
- 1/2 chopped garlic clove.
- 1-2 Tbsp Zesty Italian dressing.
- Take 2 thick boneless chicken breasts, wash and cut off any fat. Using a sharp knife, cut a 1" to 2 " cut in the side of the chicken breasts. In a sawing motion, carefully open up a inner pocket the length of the breasts.
- Carefully stuff the chicken breasts with the crab mix. Try to avoid tearing the chicken. Once stuffed, place in a Ziploc bag and pour a cup of Zesty Italian dressing over the chicken. Shake and refrigerate for at least 1hour preferably over night.
- Remove from refrigerator and Ziploc bag. Tightly wrap chicken breast with thin sliced bacon and let stand until near room temperature. Preheat smoker/cooker to 225. I recommend a 50%/50% mix of Hickory and Apple wood pellets or chunks.
- Place chicken breasts on grill. Put on smoke for the first 30 minutes then 280 to 300 degrees. Mist the chicken with apple juice a couple times during cooking duration. Chicken will be done when the thickest part is at 165 degrees.
- Serve with smoked beans and corn bread with butter and honey.