Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Hibiscus tea contains vitamin C and minerals and some studies have indicated that it may help lower bad cholesterol and high blood pressure. It’s quite acidity, containing as much as 30% organic acids. It has a rather tart flavor so agave or honey is used to sweeten. I used Prosecco keep the bight red magenta color. Or even better is a Rosa Regal by Banfi for a pretty color as well if not better because it's unique red sparkling wine is aromatically hinted of rose petals and raspberries, Complementing the hibiscus!
- 6 cups hot water
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 3 -4 ounces dried hibiscus flowers
- 1⁄4 cup Agave or 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 lemon, halved and sliced
- 4 strawberries, quartered
- 1 apple, cut into chunks
- 750 ml champagne (or 750 ml Rosa Regal by Banfi ) or 750 ml prosecco (or 750 ml Rosa Regal by Banfi )
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- Add to the hot water cardamom, hibiscus and sweetener, steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain into a picture add fruit and chill till cold.
- Add brandy if using and dozen of ice cubes top with Rosa Regal by Banfi, Processco or champagne.
- Pour into ice filled wine glasses adding some fruit.
Very refreshing as an iced tea - without the addition of any alcohol. I made this up in the evening and left for a few hours. The tea was ice cold by the time I got back. I enjoy hibiscus tea hot, in the winter. It was very refreshing to have this iced. Thanks.
What a treat! I really enjoyed this one Rita! I used agave syrup and champagne. This is going to be a great summer heat buster! Thanks for sharing!