1/3 Photos of Hibiscus Sangria
Hibiscus tea contains vitamin C and minerals and some studies have indicated that it may help lower bad cholesterol and high blood pressure. It’s quite acidity, containing as much as 30% organic acids. It has a rather tart flavor so agave or honey is used to sweeten. I used Prosecco keep the bight red magenta color. Or even better is a Rosa Regal by Banfi for a pretty color as well if not better because it's unique red sparkling wine is aromatically hinted of rose petals and raspberries, Complementing the hibiscus!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups hot water
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 3 -4 ounces dried hibiscus flowers
- 1/4 cup Agave or 1/4 cup honey
- 1 lemon, halved and sliced
- 4 strawberries, quartered
- 1 apple, cut into chunks
- 750 ml champagne (or 750 ml Rosa Regal by Banfi ) or 750 ml prosecco (or 750 ml Rosa Regal by Banfi )
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1Add to the hot water cardamom, hibiscus and sweetener, steep for 30 minutes.
- 2Strain into a picture add fruit and chill till cold.
- 3Add brandy if using and dozen of ice cubes top with Rosa Regal by Banfi, Processco or champagne.
- 4Pour into ice filled wine glasses adding some fruit.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hibiscus Sangria
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried hibiscus flowers