Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a local source. The original recipe is much more elaborate involving fresh lemongrass and steaming fresh rose petals. I made it easier for myself by substituting rose water and tubed lemongrass puree. Please feel free to adjust the proportions to your liking.
- 4 cups brewed hibiscus tea, cooled
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass puree
- 2 cups homemade lemonade
- agave nectar, to taste
- 1 -2 teaspoon rose water (add more, to taste)
- ice cube
- rose petal, thinly sliced
- lemon slice
- lemon verbena or mint leaf
- Combine all beverage ingredients in a pitcher.
- Cover and chill.
- Before serving, add ice cubes and garnish with rose petals, lemon slices, lemon verbena leaves or mint leaves.
Delicious! I didn't have lemongrass puree so made lemongrass tea along with the hibiscus. Thanks! Made by a Looney Spoon Phoodie for ZWT#6.
Wow, is this good CG. I knew that I would love it, what, with hibiscus, lemonade and lemongrass in it. I was so right. This lovely recipe does not disappoint. So much flavorful. It was quick and easy to make and tastes great. I added more rose water because I really enjoy the flavor that it gives to the hibiscus tea. I also used a Hibiscus and Rosehip tea blend ( it is my favorite) and wildflower honey as I am out of Agave nectar. Thank you so much for sharing. Made for Beverage Anyone Tag Game 2015.
It's snowing today and I actually made this hot this morning. It was perfectly lovely and tasted delicious. The fragrance is a real pleasure too. Thanks for sharing CG :D. Made for Na/Me tag.