Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
The hibiscus flowers may be found in bags, at your grocery store. For a 'spiked' punch, just add vodka, to taste...Posted for ZWT.
- 3 quarts water
- 1 1⁄2 inches piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from 1 large lime)
- Combine water and ginger in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in Jamaica flowers and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Let steep 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a large, heat-resistant bowl or pot.
- Stir in lime juice and set aside to cool.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve over ice.
Yummy! Thank God I wanted dried hibiscus flowers last ZWT because I bought some when I found them and had them on hand! I liked the ginger as my tummy has been a little upset and it was great along with the delicious hibiscus. Gonna try to make a second batch with the same flowers like another reviewer! Made for ZWT #7
Maybe my flowers were strong but I thought the ginger was very subtle. Plus, I re-steeped it once already & plan on making a 3rd batch with the same flowers. I just add a fresh lime each time. Very refreshing! Made for ZWT5.
This is very similar to a recipe of mine, recipe#320830 so of course I liked it! :) I did think the amount of ginger in here was way too much. I love hibiscus tea and love the fact that it is becoming more popular. Not only is it a beautiful color but it is wonderfully good for you! Thanks for sharing your recipe!