Recipe by Sharon123
This is easy to make with yummy results. I got my hibiscus flowers from my bulk heath food store. This turns a beautiful red color! Adapted from Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello.
Top Review by EmmyDuckie
I couldn't find hibiscus, so I went with Rooibos (red tea). Very pretty colors, and I just loved all the citrus flavors. The cinnamon was a little strong for my tastes, so I'll probably reduce the amount next time, but this is a great refreshing tea.
- 6 cups water
- 4 tablespoons hibiscus fresh edible flowers
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄8 cup sugar
- 1 small orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil, turn off heat add the hibiscus flowers and cinnamon sticks.
- Cover and steep for about 20 minutes.
- Strain tea into a pitcher, add sugar to taste.
- Add orange slices and serve over ice.
- Garnish each glass with a lemon slice and serve. Enjoy!