Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
From one of my favorite cocktail websites: This tangy cocktail takes liquid refreshment to a tropical new level. Hibiscus syrup, lime and pineapple juices are blended with Cointreau® and vodka for a delicious delight that’s "key" to any good time. The hibiscus can be found in the Hispanic food section in most supermarkets. It's called either Hibisucs or Jamaica. They look like little red dried up monkey paws. LOL - that's what I've thought since childhood!!!
FOR THE DRINK
- 1 1⁄2 ounces vodka
- 1⁄2 ounce Cointreau liqueur
- 1 ounce hibiscus syrup (recipe below)
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 ounce hand-pressed key lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple, fresh (5 chunks,muddled)
FOR THE HIBISCUS SYRUP
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup fresh edible flower, dried (AKA Hibiscus or Jamaica flowers)
- Mix all ingredients together and strain into a Collins glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with three key lime wheels.
- HIBISCUS SYRUP:.
- Heat water and sugar in a small pot until sugar has melted. Remove from heat, add hibiscus and steep for 10 minutes. Remove hibiscus and cool.