Recipe by graffeetee
This is my attempt to replicate a salad dressing from a Japanese restaurant I used to frequent many years ago. While this may not be authentically Japanese, it sure is tasty! You can really pick up a lot of the individual flavors, and yet they all blend together nicely. This keeps well.
Top Review by silvana_pineda
This dressing is fantastic! It is the REAL THING! It tastes just like Hibachi's dressing. The second time I made it I just minced the ginger and then put it in a food processor giving it a more potent (and grown up) flavor. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger juice
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil (preferably from black sesame seeds)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- To make ginger juice, peel some fresh ginger and cut into small pieces. Put pieces in a garlic press and squeeze.
- Combine all ingredients except mayonnaise in a small bowl and whisk until honey is dissolved.
- Add mayonnaise and whisk again until smooth.
- Good on green salads, cucumbers, and just about anything else!