Recipe by Darla Emerson
Make at home, restaurant style fried rice. My daughter loves the fried rice you can get at expensive Japanese Hibachi style restaurants. I make this all the time for her and she loves it. I usually make it without the peas and carrots.
Top Review by pika671
I make fried rice all the time - I grew up with it. Looked at your recipe and think it's pretty spot on. I usually add garlic with the onions, cooked bacon (torn up), scrambled eggs (can cook in the microwave for a few seconds, then break it up and add) and green onions. I also use sesame oil or vegetable oil. This recipe is so easy; you can add bite-size cooked chicken or shrimp to make it a one-pot meal.
- 2 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peas and carrots, frozen
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- I use the boiling bags of rice, it's very easy and just the right amount.
- Sauté onion, peas and carrots in olive oil.
- Move vegetables to side of pan and lightly scramble the egg.
- Add rice and margarine and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.