Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Make at home, restaurant style fried rice. My daughter loves the fried rice you can get at expensive Japanese Hibachi style restaurants. I make this all the time for her and she loves it. I usually make it without the peas and carrots.
- 2 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup peas and carrots, frozen
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- I use the boiling bags of rice, it's very easy and just the right amount.
- Sauté onion, peas and carrots in olive oil.
- Move vegetables to side of pan and lightly scramble the egg.
- Add rice and margarine and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.
Made this about a year ago for the first time, and its still my go to. I don't have to look at the recipe often, because its super simple. Its on the table about twice a month at my house. I only made one change: I buy the small bag of frozen peas and carrots and put the whole bag in. Delicious, and more veggies. 1/4 cup wouldn't cut it in my house.
Fantastic! Need to add 2 TBSP minced garlic while sauteeing the onions and peas/carrots. My 15 month old will eat almost the whole pan when I make it! Also, I usually use green onions instead of white/yellow onions.
Thank you for sharing!