1/1 Photo of Hi-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
2 hrs 50 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
This wholesome bread is delicious by itself or for sandwiches. In this recipe, use creamed cottage cheese, which has cream added to it. Enjoy! Prep time includes rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, combine 2 cups all purpose flour, salt and yeast; blend well.
- 2In medium saucepan, heat water, honey, margarine and cottage cheese until very warm (120 to 130*).
- 3Margarine does not need to melt completely.
- 4Add warm liquid and eggs to flour mixture.
- 5Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- 6By hand, stir in whole wheat flour, oats, nuts and enough all purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- 7On floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- 8Place in greased bowl; cover loosely with plastic wrap and cloth towel.
- 9Let rise in warm place (80 to 85*) until light and doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- 10Generously grease two 8x4 or 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- 11Punch down dough.
- 12Divide dough into 2 parts; shape into loaves.
- 13Place in greased pans.
- 14Cover; let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- 15Heat oven to 375*.
- 16Uncover dough.
- 17Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when lightly tapped.
- 18Immediately remove from pans; cool on wire racks.
- 19For softer crusts, brush tops of loaves with melted margarine, if desired.
- 20Yield: 2 (16 slice) loaves.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hi-Protein Honey Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.3
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 222.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 4.4 g