Recipe by hdashnau
This is an original sweet and spicy soup creation. It's very easy to make, but it uses an unusual combination of ingredients. If you are adventurous, give this a shot, and I hope you enjoy the outcome as much as I did.
- 12 ounces chorizo sausage, pre-cooked, chicken, diced
- 1 yellow peppers or 1 orange pepper, diced
- 2 wax peppers, Hungarian
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 scallions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 16 ounces stock
- 1 pear, small red, diced
- 1⁄3 cup strawberry, diced
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, slivered, blanched
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the Chorizo Sausage and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the orange pepper, hungarian wax pepper, tomato, carrots, garlic, scallions, honey and the stock. Bring mixture to a boil, and then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add red pear, strawberry, and almonds and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.