Recipe by senseicheryl
From a Hungry Girl email: "Equal parts cute, crunchy, and chewy. Check it out... " PER SERVING (1 Broom): 87 calories, 1.5g fat, 93mg sodium, 27g carbs, 9.25g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 1.5g protein -- POINTS. value 1* NOTE: I wish I could post the picture from the email here! TOO CUTE :-)
- 2 cups all-bran cereal (Fiber One original)
- 6 pieces licorice (Red Vines Sugar Free Vines Cherry, Black Licorice, or Strawberry)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon light butter, whipped kind (or light buttery spread)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter in a small saucepan, and set heat to medium-low. Once butter has melted, add marshmallows.
- Stirring occasionally, cook until marshmallows have melted completely.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in Fiber One. Continue to stir until cereal is thoroughly coated.
- Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick spray. Transfer gooey cereal mixture to the pan. Using a large piece of wax or parchment paper, press down on cereal mixture to spread and flatten it into the bottom of the pie pan. Allow to cool slightly, so it isn't as sticky, and then carefully pull back the paper. Let sit at room temperature until cool but not completely solid -- it should be firm enough to cut but soft enough to mold.
- Arrange a layer of wax or parchment paper on a flat surface. Place licorice twists lengthwise, spacing them about 6 inches apart.
- Once mixture in the pie pan is cool and slightly solid, use a sharp knife to cut it into 6 "slices".
- Carefully remove one slice from the pie pan. Place the point of it at the base of one licorice twist, overlapping by about an inch, so your treat looks like a broom. Press down firmly around the licorice to seal. Repeat with the rest of the slices and licorice twists. Enjoy!