Recipe by senseicheryl
This is a Hungry Girl Recipe. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds so good! Here are the nutrition facts from the website: PER SERVING (3 wraps): 220 calories, 3.5g fat, 971mg sodium, 30g carbs, 8g fiber, 10g sugars, 21g protein -- POINTS. value 4* This recipe from the HG cookbook is TOO good... Make it immediately!
- 6 medium iceberg lettuce leaves (or leaves from another round, firm head of lettuce)
- 6 ounces soy crumbles (about 1 3/4 cups ground-beef-style like the ones by Boca or Morningstar Farms)
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts, canned, drained & chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3⁄4 cup shiitake mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (or low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar (not packed)
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce (found in the Asian foods aisle)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare sauce: combine soy sauce, sugar, chili garlic sauce and oil in a small dish. Mix well and set aside.
- Bring a medium pot sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Place all ingredients, except for the scallions and lettuce leaves, into the pot. Add the sauce and stir. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add scallions, cook for 1 minute more, and remove from heat.
- Divide mixture evenly among the 6 lettuce "cups" and enjoy 'em wrap-style (fold 'n chew!).