Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the www.hungrygirl.com website: "This is the stuff dreams are made of. OK, weird dreams, but still -- a meaty, guilt-free pizza wrap is something to get excited about!" PER SERVING (entire wrap): 220 calories, 5g fat, 1,242mg sodium, 30g carbs, 14g fiber, 5g sugars, 26g protein -- POINTS® value 4*
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (recipe calls for a La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low-Carb or Low-Fat Tortilla, Large)
- 1⁄3 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, sliced (and green bell peppers)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce with italian seasoning (such as Hunt's Tomatoes Sauce with Basil, Garlic & Oregano)
- 3 tablespoons soy crumbles (like Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Recipe Crumbles or Boca Meatless Ground Burger)
- 5 pieces turkey pepperoni (like Hormel Turkey Pepperoni or Yves Meatless Pepperoni)
- Begin by toasting tortilla very slightly (it should still be foldable), either in a toaster oven or a conventional oven set at a high temperature. (This will keep your wrap from getting soggy.) Set aside.
- In a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cook peppers and onions over medium-high heat until they begin to brown (about 2 minutes). Add mushrooms, stir, and cook for 1 more minute. Then add soy crumbles, and continue stirring and cooking until veggies are cooked and soy crumbles are thawed and heated (about 1 minute longer). Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Lay tortilla out on a microwave-safe plate. Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the tortilla, staying about 1 inch away from the perimeter. Sprinkle cheese over the sauce, and then top with the pepperoni slices. Heat plate in the microwave for about 30 seconds, until cheese is slightly melted. Place veggie/soy crumble mixture in the center of the tortilla.
- Then, wrap up the tortilla by first folding in the sides and then rolling it up tightly from the bottom. Enjoy!