Recipe by senseicheryl
I received an email from Hungry Girl and this recipe was featured. Mass A'Peel! Ice cream... bananas... whipped cream... mmmmmmmmmmm! It's HG's Top Banana Split! MAKE ONE NOW! Serving Size: 1 banana split (entire recipe) Calories: 237 Fat: 0.5g Sodium: 72mg Carbs: 56.5g Fiber: 6.5g Sugars: 32.5g Protein: 4g POINTS. value 4*
- 1 small banana
- 2 strawberries, ripe, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup breyers double churn free creamy fat free vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup breyers double churn free fat free chocolate ice cream
- 3 tablespoons Cool Whip Free, thawed
- 2 teaspoons light chocolate syrup, Hershey's
- 4 tablespoons fat free Reddi-Wip topping
- 1 teaspoon artificial sweetener (like 1 packet of Splenda!) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash the strawberries until a puree is achieved (warming them for a few seconds in the microwave, if needed, will help).
- In a small dish, mix the puree with the Cool Whip until completely blended.
- For a sweeter flavor (optional), mix in half or all of a no-calorie sweetener packet. Place mixture in the freezer until just frozen (do not over-freeze, or it will be hard to scoop).
- Peel the banana, and then cut it in half lengthwise. Place halves in a long dessert dish with the flat sides facing inwards.
- Scoop the frozen strawberry/Cool Whip mixture into the center of the banana "boat".
- Place the chocolate ice cream on one side of the strawberry scoop and the vanilla ice cream on the other side.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup over the entire banana split, and then squirt the Reddi-wip over the whole dessert as well. Now dig in!