Recipe by senseicheryl
From Hungry Girl: "More than just an '80s flick... now it's an enormous, sandwich-inspired egg scramble!" PER SERVING (entire recipe): 195 calories, 2g fat, 663mg sodium, 6g carbs, 1g fiber, 4g sugars, 36g protein -- POINTS® value 4*
- 2⁄3 cup liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
- 2 ounces lean ground turkey (like the kind by Butterball or Jennie-O)
- 2 slices fat-free turkey bacon, Jennie-O's Extra-Lean
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 dash ketchup (optional)
- 1 dash hot sauce (optional)
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- 1 dash pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon according to package directions, either in a pan with nonstick spray or in the microwave. Once cool enough to handle, chop into bite-sized pieces, and set aside.
- Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add ground turkey, and use a spatula to break it up and crumble it as it cooks. Once turkey is no longer pink, add egg substitute to the pan, and scramble until it is almost solid.
- Then add bacon pieces, and continue to cook until the scramble is fluffy and fully cooked. Plate it up and top with the chopped tomatoes. If you like, finish it off with your favorite egg-y add-ons (we like ours with ketchup and a little salt & pepper). Happy breakfasting!